My name is Ningna Wang (/niŋ-na/ /wɔŋ/, 王宁娜 in Chinese). I am a Ph.D. candidate in Computer Graphics Lab at the University of Texas at Dallas. Under the supervision of Prof. Xiaohu Guo, my research focuses on geometric modeling. My current research direction is medial axis computation and its application. I would love to explore new representations and new algorithms to make processing geometric data more easily and efficiently.
Prior to UTD, I worked as a Senior Software Developer at Booking.com, Amsterdam, Netherlands, where I was responsible for the development of hotel availability distributed search system that handles thousands of requests per second.
|[Jul/2023]||One paper accepted to ACM Multimedia 2023 (29.3% acceptance rate).|
|[Jul/2023]||Our paper “Globally Consistent Normal Orientation for Point Clouds by Regularizing the Winding-number Field” wins the SIGGRAPH 2023 Technical Papers Best Paper Award!!!|
|[Jun/2023]||I am serving as a reviewer for Pacific Graphics IPC.|
|[Mar/2023]||One paper conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH 2023.|
|[Dec/2022]||I will be presenting “Computing Medial Axis Transform with Feature Preservation via Restricted Power Diagram” at the SIGGRAPH Asia 2022.|
|[Nov/2022]||I am serving as a reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics.|
|[Aug/2022]||One paper conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2022.|
- Globally Consistent Normal Orientation for Point Clouds by Regularizing the Winding-Number FieldACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH) 2023[SIGGRAPH 2023 Technical Papers Best Paper Award] (See More Here)
- S3DS: Self-supervised Learning of 3D Skeletons from Single View Imagesto appear in ACM International Conference on Multimedia (MM 2023) 2023
- Point2MM: Learning medial mesh from point cloudsComputers & Graphics (Proceedings of CAD/Graphics 2023) 2023
- Computing Medial Axis Transform with Feature Preservation via Restricted Power DiagramACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH Asia) 2022[Journal Track]
- IMMAT: Mesh Reconstruction from Single View Images by Medial Axis Transform PredictionComputer-Aided Design (Proceedings of SPM) 2022
- A method of realistic leaves modeling based on point cloudIn Proceedings of the 12th ACM SIGGRAPH International Conference on Virtual-Reality Continuum and Its Applications in Industry 2013